Medicaid Application Process
Medicaid Coverage - Mandatory
Medicaid Coverage - Optional
Medicaid Dental Coverage
Medicaid Nursing Home
Medicaid & Health Care Reform
State Medicaid Programs
State Medicaid Programs List
Published:Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:45:37 -0800
It's a tricky math problem to get to the $2.7 billion that Gov. Pat Quinn wants cut out of Illinois's projected Medicaid spending, and four lawmakers designated to take a ......
Published:Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:09:53 -0800
Centene, the nation's fourth-largest Medicaid contractor, employs about 5,300 workers nationwide.......
Published:Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:16:40 -0800
Kansas officials announced Wednesday that five companies have submitted bids for three contracts to manage Medicaid, but skeptics of Gov. Sam Brownback's plan to overhaul the ......
Published:Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:31:01 -0800
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (Reuters) - Illinois Governor Pat Quinn will call for cuts to escalating pension and Medicaid costs in his budget address on Wednesday to stop the two progra......
Published:Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:11:09 -0800
California patients and doctors had sued to block the state's decision to cut Medicaid payment rates. But instead of ruling on the matter, the U.S. Supreme Court sent the case......
Medicaid Mandatory Coverages
Every state Medicaid program must cover certain groups of people and services because they are defined by federal law as mandatory.
The groups that include certain categories of people are often called the Categorically Needy (CN).
The mandatory Medicaid coverage groups are primarily:
* Low income families with children that receive cash assistance through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program or with assets and incomes meeting the requirements of the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program prior to the passage of the TANF welfare reform law.
* Persons receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
* Pregnant women and children with family income below a specific level.
* Children that receive foster care and adoption assistance under the Social Security Act.
* Dual Eligible Medicare beneficiaries also known as Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMBs).
* Special protected groups that include certain working disabled beneficiaries and former recipients of SSI benefits.
Federal law mandates specific services that have to be covered by Medicaid.
There are several medical services that Medicaid requires individual states cover. It is important that you understand the services that you are entitled to when you are covered by Medicaid.
Mandatory Medicaid services coverages include:
* Inpatient hospital services
* Outpatient hospital services
* Federal qualified health center services
* Rural health clinic services (if allowed by state law)
* X-ray and laboratory services outside a clinic or hospital
* Nursing facility services for people over the age of 21
* Physician Services
* Certified family nurse and pediatric practioner services
* Nurse mid-wife services
* Surgical and medical services of a dentist
* Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) for children
* Family plannning services and supplies
* Home health services for Medicaid beneficiaries who can get nursing services
* Pregnancy services that include pre and postpartum care
If you feel that you qualify for Medicaid coverage you should contact your local Medicaid office to apply for Medicaid. If you are are a beneficiary of Medicaid, you need to know which services you can receive under the Medicaid program.
MedicaidProgram.net is an information website owned by What Is It LLC.
Learn more about What Is It at MyWhatIsIt.com... "We Simplify The Complex".
The official U.S. Government Medicare Web site is cms.gov.