Medicaid Application Process
Medicaid Coverage - Mandatory
Medicaid Coverage - Optional
Medicaid Dental Coverage
Medicaid Nursing Home
Medicaid & Health Care Reform
State Medicaid Programs
State Medicaid Programs List
Published:Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:45:37 -0800
It's a tricky math problem to get to the $2.7 billion that Gov. Pat Quinn wants cut out of Illinois's projected Medicaid spending, and four lawmakers designated to take a ......
Published:Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:09:53 -0800
Centene, the nation's fourth-largest Medicaid contractor, employs about 5,300 workers nationwide.......
Published:Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:16:40 -0800
Kansas officials announced Wednesday that five companies have submitted bids for three contracts to manage Medicaid, but skeptics of Gov. Sam Brownback's plan to overhaul the ......
Published:Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:31:01 -0800
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (Reuters) - Illinois Governor Pat Quinn will call for cuts to escalating pension and Medicaid costs in his budget address on Wednesday to stop the two progra......
Published:Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:11:09 -0800
California patients and doctors had sued to block the state's decision to cut Medicaid payment rates. But instead of ruling on the matter, the U.S. Supreme Court sent the case......
New Health Care Reform and Medicaid
The Health Care Reform Act that was recently approved and signed into law has been very controversial.
We have outlined parts of the bill that will make changes to both Medicaid and Medicare.
1. By 2014, Medicaid coverage will be expanded to everyone under the age of 65 that are below 133% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), also known as the poverty guidelines. This will remove the current Medicaid eligiblity criteria which leaves many individuals that are currently in poverty to go uninsured.
2. Increase Medicaid reimbursements to 100% of Medicare for primary care providers for 2013 and 2014.
3. Under the Medicaid drug rebate program equalize treatment of fee-for-service and managed care.
4. Create state-based health exchanges where individuals can purchase coverage, with premium and cost-sharing credits are available to individuals and families with incomes between 133% and 400% of the poverty guideline.
5. Provide an individual mandate to make sure that all Americans participate in the insurance risk pool which should result in lower insurance cost coverage for everyone.
This also requires that insurers provide coverage to those with pre-exisiting conditions, removes lifetime limits, prevention services must be covered at 100%, and prohibits removing someone from coverage.
6. The Medicare Advantage Special Needs program was reauthorized.
7. By 2020, the Medicare prescription drug "doughnut hole" will be closed.
8. Improve the coordination of Medicaid and Medicare dual eligibles.
What do Americans want regarding Medicaid?
According to the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) survey released on May 25th, 2011, more than half of Americans surveyed do not want to have Medicaid funding cut and are wary of changing how the federal government funds the Medicaid program.
The KFF survey revealed that 60 percent of the Americans surveyed "prefer to keep Medicaid as it is." This means the federal government would continue to guarantee Medicaid coverage and setting the standards for Medicaid eligibility and benefits.
Thirty percent of Americans favored minor reductions in Medicaid spending and only 13 percent were in support of major Medicaid cuts.
MedicaidProgram.net is an information website owned by What Is It LLC.
Learn more about What Is It at MyWhatIsIt.com... "We Simplify The Complex".
The official U.S. Government Medicare Web site is cms.gov.